4 June, 2016
Eggless Pineapple cake
A few weeks before I had conducted a baking workshop at home for eggless cakes .It was fun.This pineapple cake was one of them.This was easy moist ,juicy and pretty to look at.
For 1/2 Kg sponge cake
1.Refined flour 120gm
3.20 gm powdered sugar
4.Baking powder 1/2 tbsp
5.Baking soda 1/4 tsp
1.condensed milk (1/2 tin)200ml
2.vanilla essence (1/2 tsp)
4.oil or glycerine (1 tbsp)
5.Milk 50 ml
6.Butter 50 gm(normal salted)
- Pineapple (1 cup sliced)
- Water 2 cups
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Double whipped cream(preferable dairy free)
1.Preheat the oven or microwave convection at 200 degrees
2.Sieve the flour,baking powder and baking soda.
3.Grease the baking tin well wit butter.
4.Sprinkle flour onto it and tap.
5.In a big bowl soften the butter with an electric beater.
6.Add the powdered sugar and blend it well
7.Add condensed milk and beat continuously for 7 to 8 minutes.
8.Add milk and beat at speed 1.
9.Add glycerin or oil and vanilla essence.
10.Beat for more 5 mins
11.Bake at 180 degrees for 40 mins.
Making the pineapple juice
- Slice the pineapple pieces finely.
- Boil them with 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water for 15 to 10 mins or in a pressure cooker till the acidic element of the fruit goes away ,otherwise it can spoil the cake.
- Strain the juice.Keep the juice separate.
- Combine the pulp beaten whipped cream and keep aside for the filling.
Assembling the cake
- Slice the cake into two halves.
- Soak the two halves separately with the pineapple juice.
- Keep the lower slice on the tray and place the fruit mixed with the whipped cream and place the top slice on it.
- Sprinkle more juice on top.
- Cover the whole cake with the whipped cream with the help of a spatula.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for 10 mins or so.
- Take out and apply the second coating of whipped cream.
- With a piping bag make flower decoration and arrange cherries on top.
- Chill for another hour and serve.