14 April, 2017
Chocolate melon mousse
This is a creative dessert which you can prepare at home if you are in love with musk melon.The whole dish has the bitter sweet chocolaty feel good taste ,and the refreshing flavor of musk melon steal the show.I have experimented with this combination for the first time ,but I can surely say that this one is a winning combination.
- Ripe Musk melon puree (2 cups)[puree should be smooth, so it needs the melon to be ripe]
- Sugar powdered(1/2 cup)
- Dark Chocolate [100 gms ] for the mousse
- Dark chocolate[50 gms for the topping and garnish]
- egg whites
- Double whipped cream(1 cup)
- Butter( 1 tbsp)
- Cut a small melon into half and scoop the flesh of the ripe melon
- Puree the melon into a smooth puree.
- Add powdered sugar and whisk.
- Fold in the whipped cream and beat.
- Beat the egg whites separately till peaks are formed.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the melon puree and mix lightly.
- melt 100 gms of chocolate in the microwave for 45 seconds in 100% power.
- Add this chocolate to this mixture and fold.
- Now pour this mousse into the melon bowls in the refrigerator to set.
- For the chocolate sauce melt 50 gms of chocolate with 1 tbsp of water and butter till liquid with no lumps.
- Pour this chocolate sauce on top of the puree to set for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve chilled