11 April, 2016
Keema stuffed egg(Egg dolma)
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” text=”” heading=”” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ link=”” /]
This is originally a recipe from Hyderabad but Dolma word is derived from the turkish word “dolmak” which means stuffed .Dolma refers to a family of stuffed vegetable dishes common in the Middle East.Dolma recipe is also common in Bengal where the vegetables are stuffed with potatoes,meat or even prawn.This is a very old recipe from the royal Nizam family of Hyderabad which I saw in a cookery show on the TV.It is a smart and creative recipe .One can have these as starters or can add them in the gravy.
- Chicken or mutton keema (300 gms)
- Onions (1 cup chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- Red chilly powder(1 tbsp)
- All spice powder(1 tsp)
- Turmeric (1 tsp)
- Green chillies(2 to 4) finely chopped
- Oil for stuffing(1/4th cup)
- Eggs boiled (6 to 7)
- Egg white(1)
- Corn flour (1/2 cup)
- Oil for fry(1/2 cup)
- Fry the onions till golden
- Add all the spices and fry.
- Add the minced meat and fry till water gets dry and oil starts showing.
- The chicken should be tender .if it is not add little water and cover cook more.
- Take off from gas and add green chillies.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Half the boiled eggs and separate the yolks.
- Mash the yolks with the cooked meat.Add salt if necessary.
- fill the meat, mixture like a ball in one half and cover with the other half.
- Like this recreate the whole eggs again.
- Make a mixture of egg whites and corn flour.
- Roll the eggs in this mixture and deep fry in hot oil .Serve hot with the drink of your choice in the party or pack as a snacks for your kids.