It is a Thai style stir fried rice typical of central Thai cuisine .In Thai, khao means “rice” and phat means stir fried
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lime, quartered(juice)
- Carrots ,capsicum ,cabbage cut into strips
- 1 tomato,quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced,
- Ginger 1 inch julienne
- pre-cooked rice 2 cups
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce,2 tbs red chilly sauce
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce(If you don’t have don’t worry.Without it also the dish tastes great)
- 1 Red chilly, chopped
- Salt and ground white pepper
- Parboil the rice and strain.
- Add oil in the wok and fry the ginger and garlic julienne and take out,keep aside.
- In the oil shallow fry the vegetables till tender and then take it out from wok and keep aside
- Add the parboiled rice in the wok and make a well in the center with the spoon or stirrer.
- in the well add the beaten eggs and cook on slow heat till the eggs become little white on the top.The more it is cooked better but take care the rice doesn’t burn or stick to the bottom of the wok.You can cover it preferably.
- Once the eggs are little cooked stir the rice and mix it thoroughly.
- Add the fried vegetables,fried ginger garlic and tomato ,red chilies and stir.
- Add soy sauce,red chilly sauce ,pepper,fish sauce and lime juice.
- Stir and mix it well with the rice
- Add salt and sugar according to taste.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with any side dish like Honkong Chilly prawn.