18 February, 2016
Prawn Pancake roll
This is an excellent snacks recipe which can be served during tea time or as a tiffin for the kids.It is a popular recipe in Goa.The recipe involves wrapping spicy prawn mixture by soft thin pancakes .These small delicious parcels oozing flavors are aromatic as well as filling .I will like to thank http://www.goanfoodrecipes.com for this wonderful recipe idea though I tweaked it a little.The recipe is fairly easy and the only thing one has to take care is to make the pancakes substantially thin so that they can be wrapped around easily as well as do not break off.
- 2 Cups Small Prawns
- onions (1 finely chopped)
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions finely chopped
- 6 to 7 small Garlic Flakes
- 1 Capsicum finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilies Cut Fine
- 3 Tables Spoons Chopped Coriander
- 2 Teaspoon Pre-Roasted cumin ,coriander,chilly Powder
- Ginger julienne 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Refined flour 1 cup
- Egg 1
- Salt (1/2 tsp or as per taste)
- Baking powder(1/4th tsp)
- Milk (1/2 cup) around
- Marinate the prawns with little turmeric and salt.
- Heat oil in pan and add crushed garlic followed by chopped onions.
- Add capsicum and fry.
- Then add the prawns and fry.
- Add ginger,green chilies and saute.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the roasted spices and mix.
- Throw in the coriander leaves and spring onions and mix.
- Take it off from the pan and drizzle lemon juice and mix.Allow to cool.
- In the mean time make the pan cakes.
- Make a batter with the above mixture and beat nicely.
- Smear 1 tbsp of oil on the pan and heat it.
- Add 1 spoon of the batter and allow to spread to form a medium round pancake.
- Place a spoon full of filling in the centre and wrap the pancake all around.
- Take of the wraps and seal the edges with little more batter.
- Make the pan rolls crispy by shallow frying on both the sides.