This is a comfort soup which can be consumed during the winter.It contains the goodness of the seasonal vegetables and protein packed due to addition of lentils.This is a childhood favorite which I used to sip sitting beside the wide airy windows of my house wrapped myself in a warm shawl or quilt.During winter this was the best place which was warm with sunlight and I would chat with my mom while she was busy in her kitchen and my father was reading a news paper in the same room sitting on the sofa .Sometimes I would call out for my mom asking for more soup.You can guess ,How much I miss those days!
- Beetroot (1 peeled and chopped into pieces)
- Carrot (2 peeled and chopped )
- Potato (1 chopped)
- Green Peas (1 cup)
- Onions (1 chopped)
- Garlic (5 to 6 cloves crushed)
- Green chilies(1 chopped)
- Red lentils (masoor dal) 2 to 3 tbsp
- Whole spices crushed(1 bay leaves ,1 cinnamon,4 to 5 green cardamom,4 to 5 cloves)
- Water 2 cups
- Salt (as per taste)
- Sugar as per taste
- Black peppercorns(1 tbsp cushed)
- Add all the ingredients in a pressure cooker and cook in a low flame till 2 whistles.
- Alternatively cook in a colander till the veggies are soft and mushy.
- If you think ,the mixture is thick add 1 cup of more water and adjust salt accordingly.
- When the consistency is soupy ,sprinkle crushed black pepper and serve hot.