This is an extremely easy and delicious recipe .Fenugreek leaves are used in this dish which is a beneficial herb used over ages.Besides having numerous health benefits it is useful for diabetes patients for bringing down the level of sugar in blood. Fenugreek is also very beneficial for hair and skin.The traditional recipe calls for using fresh fenugreek leaves and fresh cream but fresh leaves are seasonal and contains mild flavor . instead you can use dried packaged fenugreek leaves also known as kasuri methi.I also replaced fresh cream with milk.
- Chicken (500 gms preferably chicken legs and breasts)
- Dried fenugreek leaves (2 to 3 tbsp)
- Garlic (7 to 8 cloves)
- ginger grated 1 tsp
- onons chopped (2 cups)
- Turmeric (1 tsp)
- Cumin powder (1 tbsp)
- Red chilly powder(2 tbsp)
- salt (as per taste)
- Milk (2 cups)(or fresh cream 1 cup)
- Lemon juice(2 tbsp)
- green chillies(3 to 4 finely chopped)
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric and salt for 5 minutes
- Shallow fry in oil till tender and crisp.Take the pieces out
- Add 2 cups of onions in the same oil and fry till golden
- Add a paste of ginger garlic and green chilies.
- Add 2 tbsp of dried fenugreek leaves and fry.
- Add red chilly and cumin powder and fry till the spices leave the sides of the pan.
- Add the chicken and cover cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the milk and cook till the milk evaporates and the mixture s dry.
- Add 1 tbsp of fenugreek leaves again and garnish with coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Serve hot with chapats ,rotis or naans.