I had made this cake on my 14th anniversary.My objective was to give the recipe a healthy touch as well as making it eggless as most of my colleagues don’t touch any eggs or non vegetarian items in this month “Shravan” which is the fifth month of the Hindu year beginning in late July and ending in the third week of August.
I used whole wheat flour instead of regular refined flour.The whole wheat flour being rich in fibers is more heavy and needed to be used in less quantity.In 1 kg normal eggless chocolate cake I use 200 gms of refined flour and 30 gms of cocoa powder but using whole wheat flour I used 100 gms of whole wheat flour and 100 gms of cocoa powder.
You can use any glaze or even eat it without a glaze as it is soft and moist already.I used a white chcolate glaze just for a change.
1.12 to 15 apricots(Dried)
2.100 gm of whole wheat flout
3.1/2 tsp of baking soda.
4.1 tsp of baking powder
5.coffee powder 1 tbsp
6.Sweetened Condensed milk(400 gm)
7.Salted butter(100 gm)
8.Milk (100 ml)
9.Sugar (10 to 12 tbsp) powder
10.Vanilla essence (1/2 tsp)
white chocolate glaze
1.1 cup of molten white chocolate
2.1/2 cup of milk
- Measure and strain the dried ingredients and preheat the oven at 170 degrees.
- Grease the cake mold and keep aside.
- Beat the butter with the beater till soft.
- Add sugar and beat.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla and beat for to 5 minutes till fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and beat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Grind some apricots in the grinder and mix with cake mixture
- Line the cake mold with whole apricots.
- Add the cake mixture on it and tap.
- Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes at 170 degrees till the fork comes out clean.
- The middle of the cake may be little wobbly ,dont take out the cake from the mold hot.
- Allow to cool after that in refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- top with whilte chocolate glaze and sprinklers and serve.