7 October, 2015
Comments : 2 Posted in : Breakfast, cakes, Dessert on by : indrani Tags: afghan, bread, breakfastnonveg, DESSERT, SNACKS
This a sweet bread from the Afghanistan kitchen taken alongside morning or evening tea.This can be taken as a breakfast or as a dessert.It is packed with energy and a good dish to start the day with.It has a texture which is more dense than a cake and you can add walnuts and dry fruits to it to prepare a power packed dessert flavored with the rich aroma of cardamom.
- 3 Cups White Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon powdered cardamom
- 1 and half Cup powdered Sugar(or more according to taste)
- 3 Eggs (Set aside 1 egg yolk)
- 3/4th Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon yogurt
- 1/2 cup cashew-nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of nigella seeds
- Whisk the eggs with 1 cup sugar .
- Add cardamom powder and whisk again.
- Add oil and yogurt and beat till a bit frothy.add the chopped walnuts and cashew nuts at this stage.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Add flour to this egg mixture in batches and gradually in batches and mix to form a soft sticky dough.
- Place this dough on a baking dish to form a oval shape .Sprinkle some nigella seeds on top
- bake this dough for about 45 to 50 minutes at 170 degrees till the outer cover gets crispy and a fork comes out clean when pricked.
- Mix the yolk of one egg with 1 tbsp of milk and brush on the top of roat and bake for another 5 minutes.it will give the bread a shiny top.