12 March, 2016
Wheat Plum cake topped with plum jam
Comments : 3 Posted in : Dessert on by : indrani Tags: Cake, DESSERT, plum
This is a cake which can be popular to the kids as it turned out to be decadent, attractive soft and moist.The cake is topped with a sweet homemade plum jam.if you are dieting you can avoid the plum jam..
for 1/2 kg cake
- 5 tbsp of whole wheat flour
- Butter 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sugar 5 to 8 tbsp
- vanilla(1/2 tsp)
- Plum (3 to 4) chopped
- for topping 1 plum
- lemon juice 1/2 tsp
- All spice powder(cinnamon ,cardamom and cloves)ratio(2:2:1)
- Strain flour and baking powder.
- Separate the egg whites
- Beat the egg whites till soft peaks don’t form.
- Add sugar and beat.
- Add vanilla and butter to the egg..yolk
- Add this mixture to the egg white and beat.Don’t over beat.
- Now with a spatula fold the flour mixture to the egg.
- Add chopped plum and spices and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Pour this batter to the greased mold and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Mean while you can make the topping.
- in the pan add 3 to 4 tbsp of sugar and caramelize.
- Add the chopped plum and stir till it completely becomes tender.
- Add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and mix.
- Take out the cake and spread the plum jam while the cake is hot.