25 February, 2017
homemade fettuccine alfredo sauce recipe
I had an old plan to make pasta at home as this is one of the dishes which my kid likes to have every day .I think the problem of new generation kids is their habit of snacking and besides the other Indian chatpata street foods like pani puri, bhel puri,sev puri and chaat , Italian pasta invariable fits into that category of lip smacking food which can be a main course as well as snacks.If made at home you can have the freedom of using your choice of whole grains or vegetables .The alfredo pasta made was soft and silky but the shapes were not perfect as I did not have a pasta maker at home.
- refined flour (2 cups)
- Eggs (3)
- olive oil(1 tbsp)
- butter (2 tbsp)
- Garlic(1 tsp grated)
- Refined flour(3 tbsp)
- cream(1 cup)
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Cheese grated (Parmesan )1/2 cup
- Mixed herbs (oregano and rosemary)
- Basil dried(1 tsp) optional
- Black pepper(1 tsp)
- pour 2 cups of flour in a plate and make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs and olive oil.
- Slowly mix the flour with the eggs and start kneading to form a sticky dough.
- Roll the dough over flour and knead to form a soft and firm dough.
- Cover with a cling film and refrigerate for an hour or use immediately.
- make medium sized balls from the dough and flatten it to form a thin round flat-bread.
- I don’t have a pasta maker at home so I have no other option rather than using rolling pin.
- Cut it into flat ribbon like strips called fettuccine.
- keep the strips on a plate drizzled with flour.
- Boil water in a colander with salt .
- cook the fettuccine for 4 to 5 minutes till they start floating in water.
- Drain , drizzle olive oil and keep aside.
Preparing the sauce
- Melt the butter in the hot pan.
- Fry garlic
- Add the refined flour by continuous stirring.
- Add milk and stir until no lumps are formed.
- Add cream and cheese to form a cheesy sauce.
- Add oregano,dried basil and pepper.
- check the salt.
- Add the pasta with the sauce and simmer for few minutes.
- Plate immediately with chilly flakes garnish