Kung pao chicken
- 450 gm boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum kee light soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
For deep fry
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum kee sesame oil
- 1 tbsp #leekumkee chili oil
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted ground nuts or peanuts
- 1 tpsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce from #leekumkee
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce.
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 to 3 red chilies deseeded and cut into pieces
- Spring onions finely chopped
Marinate chicken pieces in soy sauce, white wine and chili paste
Heat the oil for deep fry
Saute the chicken pieces and fry till crispy coated.
Drain the oil
In the pan fry the shallots, garlic and ginger,red chilies.
Add light soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Dissolve soy sauce and corn starch,sugar and salt in little water and add in the pan to form. Thick gravy
Add the peanuts
Add the fried chicken and stir.
Garnish with spring onions