22 December, 2019
Lee kum Kee kung pao chicken recipe
Posted in : Brand name recipes, Chicken, Recipe on by : indrani Tags: kung pao chicken gravy, kung pao chicken how spicy, kung pao chicken instant pot, kung pao chicken meaning, kung pao chicken noodles, Lee kum Kee, making a kung pao chicken, p f chang's kung pao chicken
The chicken mainated with soy sauce, white wine coated in corn flour deep fired and then this fried chicken is cooked in a thick soy based sauce with crunchy roasted peanuts. The dish is spicy and delicious. I used Lee Kum Kee’s soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil for this dish. You can use any other store brought sauce also but Lee Kum Kee is a company from Hongkong who specialises in authentic Asian sauces to be used while cooking to give you that authentic aroma and flavor similar to the restaurant style cooked dish.
Kung pao chicken
Chicken marinated in soy sauce, white wine , cornflour shallow fried in oil and cooked in light soy sauce and chili based gravy
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 persons
- 450 gm boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum kee light soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
For deep fry
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum kee sesame oil
- 1 tbsp #leekumkee chili oil
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted ground nuts or peanuts
- 1 tpsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce from #leekumkee
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce.
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 to 3 red chilies deseeded and cut into pieces
- Spring onions finely chopped
- Marinate chicken pieces in soy sauce, white wine and chili paste
- Heat the oil for deep fry
- Saute the chicken pieces and fry till crispy coated.
- Drain the oil
- In the pan fry the shallots, garlic and ginger,red chilies.
- Add light soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Dissolve soy sauce and corn starch,sugar and salt in little water and add in the pan to form. Thick gravy
- Add the peanuts
- Add the fried chicken and stir.
- Garnish with spring onions