9 February, 2016
Pool cake( cake decoration idea)
This time I thought of making a kind of pool cake with blue waters.For that I wanted some blue food colors which was not available at the crisis moment .So I had used the citrus blue syrup.
Citrus blue syrup is a blue colored syrup with sweet lime and orange flavor.
In case you don’t get this ingredient use a sugar syrup with 2 tbsp of sweet lime and two tbsp of orange juice added.
2.5 tbsp of Heaped refined flour(Maida)
3.5 tbsps of powdered sugar
4.1/2 tsp vanilla essence
5.1 tsp glycerine
6.Sweet lime syrup or citrus blue syrup
For the icing
- Butter 100 gm
- Condensed milk(1 tin)
- Whipped cream
- Powdered sugar (1/2 cup)
- Citrus blue syrup (2 tbsp) or (1 tbsp sweet lime syrup and blue food color)
For the decoration
- Dark chocolate (50 gm)
- Cream (1 cup)
- Gems and candies
- Small dolls
Preparing the Icing
1.Beat the soften butter first with the beater
2.Add powdered sugar and beat
3.Add condensed milk and beat till it forms stiff peaks
4.Add the blue syrup and mix uniformly
5.Refrigerate the icing till further use.
Preparing the oven
1.Preheat the oven to 250 degree celcius
Preparing the Baking tin
1.Grease a 500 gm cake mould or baking tin with butter.
2.Dust maida evenly on the tin.
Preparing the Dry ingredients
1.Measure flour and baking soda .
2.Sieve flour and baking soda in a container with a strainer.
3.Measure sugar separately powder and keep.
Preparing the Wet Ingredients.
1.Separate the egg whites and egg yolk.
2.Beat the egg whites with an electric beater till stiff white snowy peaks are formed.
3.Add vanilla essence and glycerin to the egg yolks.
4.Add the egg yolk mixture to the egg whites and beat till it blends completely .Don’t overbeat.
5.Add the powdered sugar and beat again till it forms a frothy mixture.
Mixing dry and wet ingredients
1.Fold flour into the egg mixture with a spatula part by part so that it blends nicely.
2.No need to beat it.
1.Pour this mixture into the mould and keep it inside thepreheated oven.
2.Bake at around 180 degree celcius for 25 to 30 minutes.Check with a fork if it comes out clean
take the cake out.
3.Dont let the cake burn.
Soaking the cake
- Dilute 1/2 cup blue syrup with water and soak the cake.
- Make a chocolate sauce by heating cream and dark chocolate together till it forms a thick buttery consistency.
- Make a border on top of the cake with chocolate symbolising the border of the pool.
- Place candies and colorful gems(candies) on the sauce symbolising flowers.
- With the help of star nozzle and the citrus blue icing make waves of water in the middle.
- Place small dolls to show they are swimming.