31 December, 2014
pan fried lemon pepper fish
This recipe is inspired by a dish I had in Waldrof ,a restaurant in Calcutta.It is known for it traditional and fusion Chinese cuisine.My mother in law was all in praises for this place so I decided to give it a go for celebrating my daughter’s birthday with my mom and my friend when I was in Calcutta in December.It was a chilly night and the city was preparing for the New year’s eve,with beautiful lighting decorations all around.My daughter’s birthday is on 29th December ,so it is a time to take down Christmas decorations but we were still in a mood of celebration and planning for the upcoming New year’s eve.
- 1. Fish fillets cut into pieces (400 gm)
- 2. Lemon (1 big) and lemon zest(2 to 3 tbsp)
- 3. Lemon juice (3 to 4 tbsp)
- 4. Soya sauce (3 tbsp)
- 5. Tomato ketchup (2 tbsp)
- 6. Red chilly sauce (2 tbsp)
- 7. Kashmir Chilly powder (1 tbsp)
- 8. Ginger garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- 9. black pepper whole crushed (2 tbsp)
- 10. Green chillies (2 to 4) finely chopped
- 11. Corn Flour (3 to 4 tbsp)
- 12. white sesame seeds (1 tbsp)
- 13. Basil leaves (2 to 3)
- 14. Oil (1/3rd cup)
- 15. Salt as per taste
- 1.Marinate the fishes with all the ingredients from 2 to 11 for 15 to 20 minutes
- 2.Add the oil in the pan.
- 3.Add few pieces in batches and fry them in medium flame till they get tender.
- 5.Take out the fried fishes from the pan .
- 6.Add the remaining marinade into the pan.
- 7.Add basil leaves.
- 8.cook it till the sauce gets thick.Take the pan off from the fire.
- 9.Add the fried fishes and mix with the sauce.
- 10.Dry roast the sesame seeds and sprinkle on the dish.
- 11.Serve it hot.