28 March, 2017
How to make focaccia bread
It is a wonderful bread which seem to have originated in Greece.It is also popular in Italy ,France and other European countries.Slowly Focaccia bread has started to spread its legs among the Indian masses also.In Mumbai specially you can always see loaves of Focaccia in the basket of the local bread vendors who sell bread door to door .The USP of this bread that you can always add your choice of local herbs like coriander,mint ,dill etc.
- 250 gms refined flour
- 2 tbsp of dried yeast granules
- olive oil (1/4 th cup)
- herbs(oregano,rosemary,coriander leaves)
- Garlic crushed( 4 to 5)
- tomato finely sliced(2)
- Mozzarella(1/2 cup cubed)
- Sugar(1 tbsp)
- heat half cup of water till lukewarm
- Dissolve 1 tbsp of sugar
- Add dry yeast granules.
- Stir to partially dissolve .
- Wait for 5 to 10 mins
- Knead the refined flour with mixture ,olive oil and the spices to form a soft dough.
- Cover this dough with a cling film for an hour to allow it to double in size.
- Knead the dough again and cover it for another 30 minutes to let it rise.
- Top the dough with herbs and tomato slices and bake ot for 20 minutes at 170 degrees in a preheated oven.