14 May, 2017
Waffle pancake recipe-mothers day breakfast ideas
This mother’s day ,I wanted to try waffles but don’t have an waffle maker,so tried cooking up the batter in a sandwich griller. I was successful.Only it was lacking this honey comb grid as my griller has striped grooves .One could give a little more time to the batter in the iron griller for a crispy waffle but these waffle pancakes were great ,soft ,crispy to bite and wholesome and nutritious to eat,the way I wanted it to be. used whole wheat flour instead of refined flour and avoided butter as much as I can.
Like most married women ,I miss my mom today ,but I called her up in the morning wishing her.I seriously feel you need to think like a mother putting yourself in her shoes or have the maturity of a mom to understand what she went through in bringing a child up. I feel I understand that now ,being the mother of a fussy ,stubborn but sweet and loving toddler.The recipe is simple and the pancakes are topped with homemade blueberry jam.
- 1 and half cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3rd cup vegetable oil
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp butter to grease the griller
- 1 and half cup milk
- Strain the flour and baking powder
- Mix every thing together with an electrical beater to form a smooth batter.
- heat the griller or waffle iron.
- grease both the sides with butter
- pour 1 ladle of batter and cook for 5 to 7 minutes till the top becomes light brown and the pancakes come off easily.
- spread blue berry jam and serve immediately.