1.Prawns (6 to 8) cleaned keeping the tail and head intact,washed and de-veined
3.Garlic (5 cloves)
6.While Cinnamon sticks(1 and 1/2) broken into pieces
7.Green cardamom(4 to 5)
8.Cloves(5 to 6)
9.Black pepper whole crushed(4 to 5)
10.Tomato (1 chopped into big pieces)
11.Cumin powder (1 tbsp)
12.Turmeric powder(1 tbsp)
13.Coriander powder(2 tbsp)
14.Green chillies(2 to 4 chopped)
15.Coriander leaves for garnish
17.Mustard oil (2 tbsp)
- Grind onions into a paste.
- Grind ginger garlic into a paste.
- Add mustard oil into the wok.
- Add whole cinnamon sticks ,cardamoms and cloves into the oil.
- Add the onion and ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry.
- When the tomatoes are tender add asafoetida powder or hing.Add two tbsp of beaten curd and stir.
- Add cumin,coriander and kashmiri chilly powder.
- Saute the spices ,add salt as per taste .
- continue to stir unless and until the spicy mixture do not leave the sides of the pan.
- Add the prawns,add 1/2 cup of water and cover cook for five minutes.
- Continue to cook until the gravy gets dry and oil floats on top.
- Add chopped green chillies and crushed black paper.
- Decorate with coriander leaves and serve with rice or rotis or tortillas
What to do with Onion paste, ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder?
Sorry I missed that step.I updated the recipe.thank you for pointing it out.