11 February, 2017
stuffed chicken peas parcels
This is a good way to use any left over peas puree or use this seasonal super food in an innovative way.The peas are boiled and mashed with garlic and used for stuffing the chicken breasts.The breasts are then steamed to form dumplings which are simmered in the peas sauce to form a delicacy.The recipe uses minimum oil and is healthy and nutritious besides its finger licking taste.
- Chicken breasts 2 (cut into half and flattened)
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp)
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Peas(2 cups)
- Cheese(1 cup grated)
- Garlic( 4 to 6)
- Ginger (grated 1 tbsp)
- Green chilies(2 to 4)
- Black pepper(ground 1 tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Onion (1/2 cup chopped)
- Cream (1/2 cup)
- Marinate the chicken breasts with salt and lemon juice.
- Boil the peas with salt and garlic.
- Strain the water and make a puree.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and add 1/2 tbsp ginger and green chilly paste.
- Add the peas puree and saute till dry.
- Cool the paste .
- Spread 1 tbsp of the paste on the chicken breasts and spread grated cheese in it.
- Fold the meat to form a parcel. Seal the edges by folding the ends.
- Like this make 4 to 5 parcels.
- Steam the parcels for 15 minutes in a steamer.
- Add a tsp of oil in the pan and add chopped onions and remaining grated ginger and saute.
- Add the remaining peas puree .
- Add cream and saute.
- Sprinkle some black pepper.
- Add the chicken parcels and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with bread or parathas.