7 February, 2017
Thukpa(Tibetan noodles soup with chicken and vegetables)
This is a one pot meal you can relish as a dinner on a cold night .The light soup smoking hot with noodles ,meat and vegetables tender and juicy in it will make you feel warm and cozy .You can drizzle the soup with black pepper or green chilies if you want to spice up.This is a popular food in the Tibet and hilly regions situated in the foot hills of Himalayas.Tibetan cuisine has influence of both India and China in their food.Red meat obtained from lamb and yak are more popular than chicken.Whether for the family in the afternoon or for feeding a group of hungry guests the people living in these hills quickly cook up this tasty nutritious meal in their kitchen.I had this soup quite often when I traveled to Gangtok ,the capital of Sikkim.The regions of North Bengal and Sikkim are quite close to my heart as North Bengal was my maternal grandparent’s place where i used to spent my school vacations during my teenage years.
This is a Tibetan noodle soup cooked with vegetables,chicken broth and chicken meat
- 1 packet Egg Noodles
- 200 gm Chicken with bones
- 10 cloves Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 1 cup green bell peppers
- 1 cup red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1 cup potatoes
- 1/2 cup Spring onions(finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Vinegar (1 tbsp)
- Green chilies (2 finely chopped)
- Black pepper crushed (1 tsp)
- boil the chicken with salt and 2 cups of water and garlic.
- When the meat is tender and start falling of the bones ,take off from the heat.
- separate the meat from the bones and shred the meat.
- Store the chicken stalk in a container.
- Add 2 cups of stalk and 1 cup of water in a container and the noodles , boiled vegetables for cooking.
- Add ginger ,soy sauce and vinegar in it.
- When the noodles are cooked and shredded chicken,green chilies and black pepper.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.