9 November, 2016
Fish cake bites
This is my own recipe and I am really satisfied and proud creating this one.It gives a nice texture to the fish meat and specially for the individuals who are picky fish eaters.It is crispy outside and soft ,juicy and rubbery inside..boneless soft fish fillets are not the ones to be used in this recipe ,instead you can use fibrous fishes like ,mackerel,sardines,rohu,salmon,king-fish e.t.c
- Medium sized fish chunks(5 to 6) in case of mackerels 3 to 4 whole fishes
- 2 to 4 cardamoms
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- salt 1 tsp
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Boil the fish pieces or whole fishes in 2 to 3 cups of water submerged with all the whole spices and salt ,till the meat is tender.
- Strain the water.
- De-bone the fishes .
- Mash the meat with hand to form a lump.
- All spice powder(1 tsp)
- Onions 1 cup finely sliced
- Ginger garlic paste (2 tsp)
- green chilies (4 to 5) chopped fine
- Coriander leaves( 1/2 cup chopped)
- Cumin powder(1 tsp)
- Carrot and cabbage julienne boiled (1 cup)
- Oil(3 tbsp)
- Boneless fish meat prepared by method 1
- Add oil in the pan
- Add the all spice powder
- Then add the onion slices and cook till brown
- Add ginger garlic paste
- Add cumin powder
- Fry the mixture till the rawness disappear
- Add the boiled veggies and fry
- Add the boiled fish meat prepared by method 1
- Fry till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add coriander leaves and mix together.
- Potatoes (1 and 1/2 cups mashed)
- Butter( 1 tbsp)
- fish meat sauted with spices prepared by method 2
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- butter a cake tin
- Pour the mixture in it.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 170 degrees.
- when the top becomes firm ,take it out and allow to cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Take it out and cut it in bite size pieces.
- Eggs (2)
- Oil for frying (2 cups)
- salt (1/2 tsp)
- Bite sized pieces prepared by method 3
- Beat the eggs with little salt
- Dip the bite sized pieces in egg and deep fry in high heat .
- When they become light brown take it out immediately and serve with ketchup or coriander chutney