18 May, 2016
This is a Croatian fish recipe which I prepared for the Foodies+ Croatian food event.I thoroughly enjoyed cooking the dish.thanks to the wonderful recipe which I got at http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/od/croatianserbiansoups/r/Croatian-Fish-Soup-Recipe-Riblja-Juha.htm and Jasmina who gave me an opportunity to taste such international delicacy at home .I had Basa fish fillets which were skinless so did not try the grilled fish recipe which I was very keen on attempting.The Croatian grilled fish recipe needed whole fish to be grilled on fire.Will try that also some other day.The fish was moist and juicy and the stew was mild spicy just right to be served during the dinner.So enjoy this delicious recipe.
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 to 5 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 dried hot red chili
- 1 bay leaf
- Coarsely ground black pepper(2 tsp)
- 8 to 10 pieces basa fish fillets.
- 3 to 4 tomatoes boiled,peeled,deseeded and pureed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Marinate the fish fillets with salt and vinegar.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in the pan add bay leaves and red chilly.
- add and fry onions till transparent.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Add tomato puree.
- Add cayenne pepper and salt.
- Cook the soup till it thickens and reduced and looks uniformly smooth.
- Add the fish pieces along with the marinate.Add salt .
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle black pepper and mix.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with bread.