22 February, 2015
Creamy Lasagna with roasted chicken potatoes and veggies
Posted in : Pasta on by : indrani Tags: cheese, CHICKEN RECIPE, cream, maincourse, PASTA, Potato, Tomato
Lasagna is a flat pasta which can cooked with chicken or vegetables to form a wholesome meal.Lasagna has always been by favorite pasta.You can cook it with broccoli,eggplant ,chicken or mutton steaks .It is always tasty and flavorful.
According to Wikipedia Lasagne is the Latin word for pot or container (Latin word for “container”, “pot”) .I think it can be rightly called as a pot pasta .But the first theory is that lasagna comes from Greek (laganon), which means a flat sheet of pasta dough cut into strips.
You need to buy a packet of ready made lasagna from the market or you can make at home with a pasta maker at home.If you can get a gluten free variety ,you can make a very healthy and tasty meal for your family.One should take care while boiling the lasagna ,it tends to stick to each other.In this dish I have roasted the chicken separately in the oven to infuse its smoky flavor into the dish.This was the dinner yesterday ,a tasty start of the weekend…(for me Saturday the weekend starts as I work on Saturdays)
1.Lasagna sheets (4 to 5)
2.Tomato (3 to 4)
3.Potatoes(3 to 4)
4.Peas (1 cup)
5.Onions (1 chopped into small pieces)
6.Garlic 1 cup full
7.Boneles chicken (250 gms)
8.Lemon juice(2 tbsp)
9.Cream (2 cups)
10.Cheese (cheddar and mozarella mixed) (2 cups)
11.Olive oil (1/4th cup)
12.Red chilies soaked in water (3 to 4)
14. Barbeque sauce(optional) 2 tbsp
15.Dried basil or fresh basil
16.dried Oregano (1/2 tbsp)
17.Chilly flakes(2 to 3 tbsp)
18.I tbsp of chilly powder
Preparation of pasta
- Boil the pasta in a pot of water with a little salt till tender.Add a tbsp of oil in the water and monitor continuously so that it does not stick.
- With a strainer strain the water and was the pasta with cold water and add some oil to prevent drying and sticking while you do the other preparations.
Preparing tomato puree
- Boil the tomatoes in water with a cut on their skin.
- You can see the skin coming off from the tomatoes,peel them and puree them in the mixer grinder with garlic and red chilies.
- Keep the tomato puree aside
- Grind the garlic and green chillies into a paste
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice .salt and the above paste for 20 minutes if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 270 degrees .
- add 1 tbsp of butter on the tray and bake the chicken at 200 degrees for 15 minutes,till they are tender and little golden on either side.
- Cut the potatoes into long strips.
- boil the potatoes with peas and salt for 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft .
Preparing the sauce
- Add 1 tbsp of butter or olive oil
- Add the chopped onions
- Add the tomato puree and chilly powder and and cook till the color looks good
- add the boiled veggies
- Check salt content
- Add 1 cup of cream and 1 cup of cheese and blend.
- Add chilly flake,oregano and dried basil and mix.
- Take of the sauce from the heat and keep aside.
Preparing the Lasagna
- Take a glass bowl
- make a layer of the sauce at the bottom
- Add a layer of pasta
- Add a layer of chicken
- Add another layer of pasta
- Finish it with a layer of sauce and mozarella
- bake it at 170 degrees in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- take it out when the cheese on top has melted and add another cup of cream, and chilly flakes ,if you do not want the lasagna to be dry.
- 9.Add barbecue sauce.
- bake it for more 10 to 15 minutes till the top is brown.
- Serve immediately
Please leave comments if you like the recipe or visited my blog 🙂