19 February, 2017
Prawn Korma curry(Chingrir Korma)
This is a recipe popular during the Bengali wedding season.The gravy is rich and creamy curry.It is served in Bong Weddings along with the other non-vegetarian items like Bengali chicken curry or Bengali Mutton curry and steamed rice.Apart from prawns you can use any other fresh direct seafood like crabs,oysters in the curry.
- Prawns [6 to 8 jumbo]
- Cashew nuts[1/2 cup broken]
- fresh coconut (1/2 cup)
- Poppy seeds (2 tbsp)
- Yoghurt (1/2 cup)
- fresh cream(1/4th cup)
- Kewra water(1 tbsp)
- Oil(2 tbsp)
- All spice powder(1 tsp)
- Ginger garlic paste(1 tbsp)
- Finely chopped onions(1/2 cup)
- green chilies( 2 to 3)
- Marinate the prawns with salt and turmeric for 15 minutes.
- Soak the cashew nuts in water overnight.
- soak poppy seeds in water for 1 hour separately[in this case the paste will be silky smooth].
- Make a paste of fresh coconut,poppy seeds and cashew nuts and green chilies.
- Shallow fry the prawns in oil till the color changes.
- Fry the onions followed by ginger garlic paste in oil.
- Add the white paste.
- Add yoghut and saute till oil separates at the edge.
- Add salt and all spice powder.
- make the gravy thinner by adding some more water and adjusting salt accordingly.
- Simmer the prawns in this gravy covered for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add fresh cream.
- Add the kewra water.
- Serve hot with rice.