16 December, 2015
Alu tikki Burger(Potato Oats pattice burger )
Posted in : Breakfast, Vegetarian on by : indrani Tags: Breakfast, breakfastveg, burger, sandwich, sandwiches, Vegan, VEGETARIAN
Enjoy this delicious burger packed with nutrition fit for any Sunday breakfast or brunch.
- Burger buns
- Potatoes (2 cups) boiled with 5 to 6 cloves of garlic and salt
- Beetroot(1/4th cup grated)
- Carrot (1/4th cup grated)
- Peas boiled( 1 cup)
- Lettuce (1 bunch)
- Oats (1 cup)
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Chilly flakes (2 tbsp)
- Black pepper (2 tbsp)
- Green chilies(2 chopped finely)
- Sea salt (for sprinkling)
- Lemon Juice (1/2 lemon)
- Strain the boiled potatoes and garlic and mash with the peas.The mixture should be dry.Add green chilies and mix.
- Make small flat balls.Roll over oats and shallow fry on frying pan flipping on both sides till both the sides turn brown.
- Cut the burger buns into halves. Take two or three such halves and make three layers.
- in between the layers keep a tikki cover with grated beetroot and carrot.
- On that keep onion rings.Sprinkle sea salt and pepper and juice of lemon.
- Cover with lettuce.Sandwich with another layer of bread and sandwich.Serve immediately with ketchup.This does not need any sauce if you want can use mayonnaise or mustard sauce