24 December, 2015
Jewelled Christmas cake
Posted in : Baking frenzy, cakes, Dessert on by : indrani Tags: Cake, Christmas cake, DESSERTS
This is a very special Christmas cake which is yummy ,rich with spices perfectly made for biting cold weather.The texture of this cake is soft and spongy and the top is crunchy and nutty.I enjoyed this cake with all my family and you will also preparing this awesome cake too.Wish you all a merry Christmas and a very happy new year.
- flour (1 /2cup) 8 tbsp
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Baking powder (1 tsp)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Vanilla(1 tsp)
- Orange extract (2 tsp)
- Butter or Ghee(1 /2 cup)
- Dry fruits soaked in orange juice(almonds,black raisins,cashew nuts,cherries,tutti frutties)(1/2 cup)
- Spices (cinnamon,cloves,cardamom,back pepper) grounded and strained(2 tbsp)
for the glaze
- Dry fruits and cherries(1/2 cup)
- Sugar 1/4th cup
- Orange juice 2 tbsp
- Grease the baking tin.
- Preheat the oven or microwave in the convection mode at 170 degrees.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder.
- Beat the butter or ghee and sugar into a creamy fluffy mixture.
- Add the eggs ,spices and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat till thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk and beat
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs and mix till creamy.
- Add the dry fruits which were soaked in orange juice.
- Add the orange extract.
- Pour the mixture in the mold and tap.
- Bake for 30 mins at 170 degrees and 15 mins at 150 degrees.