24 December, 2015
Comments : 3 Posted in : Chicken on by : indrani Tags: chicken, CHICKEN RECIPE, Peas
I recently had this wonderful invention in my kitchen where I made a chicken curry with fresh green peas sauce.It had lend a slightly sweet taste and nutty rich texture and beautiful natural color to the dish.those who hesitate to try something new fearing failure can also go for this dish as the dish is bound to be tasty and you will definitely gain appreciation from your guests.Being a seasonal vegetable it is packed with protein and good healthy nutrients.
- Fresh peas(2 cups)
- Chicken (preferably legs) 8 to 10
- All spice powder(cumin,coriander,cinnamon,cloves,black pepper,bay leaves) ground together (1 tbsp)
- Ginger garlic paste (1 tbsp)
- Garlic (5 to 6)
- Sugar(1 tsp)
- Salt(to taste)
- Onions chopped( 1 cup)
- Lemon juice (2 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves(1/2 cup chopped)
- Green chilies (chopped 3 to 4)
- Marinate the chicken with salt and lemon juice.
- Add 2 to 3 tbsp of oil to the pan and fry the chicken pieces one by one.
- Grind the green peas with the green chilies and garlic into a smooth paste.
- ground the coriander leaves separately.
- Add a tbsp of oil and add all spice powder
- add the peas paste and salt and sugar cook till it leaves the pan.
- Again add around 1/4th cup oil and add the onions and fry till golden brown, crispy.
- Add the green peas paste.
- Then add the coriander leaves paste.
- Saute till the spices are cooked.
- Add the chicken pieces and cover cook for 20 to 25 minutes on slow flame.
- Garnish with fresh cream and boiled peas.