18 October, 2016
Fish paratha(Fish meat stuffed flat bread)
This is a treat for the fish lovers who dream fish starting from breakfast to dinner.You can serve them during any time.you can serve this parathas with mayo,tomato ketchup or simply green mint and coriander chutney.Any fish can be used for making this stuffed flatbreads .The fishes need to be cooked and the meat should be separated from the bones and sauted with the spices for making the stuffing.
Fish to be used can be mackarel,salmon,haddock,tilapia,basa,sea bass etc
For the dough
- Refined flour (1 cup)
- whole wheat flour (1 cup)
- Vegetable oil(1/4th cup)
- Salt(2 tsp)
- Mix the above ingredients slowly with fingers and knead into a uniform soft but firm dough.
- If the dough is not firm roll over more flour to form a firm dough.
- Cover the dough and allow to rest.
- 4 to 5 pieces of fish fillet or with bones(Any fish)
- Onions (2 chopped finely)
- Ginger garlic paste(1 tbsp)
- Green chillies (4 chopped)
- Coriander leaves(half cup)
- Garam masala(roughly crushed ilaichi,black pepper,cinamon,laung)
- Ilaichi( 2 to 3)
- Bay leaves(2 )
- Lemon juice(1 lemon)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Sugar( 1/2 tsp )(optional)
- Oil 4 tbsp
Boiling the fish
- Take 3 cups of water in a skillet and add bay leaves(tej patta),
- Cardamom( 2 to 3 chhoti ilaichi),lime juice(1 lemon), salt and fish pieces
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes till the fish gets cooked and becomes tender.
- Strain the water and remove the bones slowly.
- Mash the boiled fish with hand.
- heat oil in a kadai
- add garam masala,
- add chopped onions and fry till golden
- add chopped green chillies.
- add ginger garlic paste
- add jeera powder.
- add the fish.
- mix thoroughly
- add salt and sugar(optional)
- saute and cook with constant stirring unless the mixture leaves the kadai.
- add chopped coriander leaves
- Stir the mixture till it leaves the sides of the pan ,i.e. it should not stuck any more to the sides.
- Allow to cool.
Preparation of the flatbread
- Take a small ball of dough and roll with rolling pin into a flat circle.
- keep some stuffing in the center and seal the stuffing with fingers to form a small packet.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll again to form a flat bread.
- Fry on the pan with 2 tbsp of oil till cooked crispy on both the sides.