21 January, 2016
Tomato and white beans seafood stew
Posted in : Seafood on by : indrani Tags: seafood, sidedishnonveg, stew
This is a fairly simple recipe with a mix of seafood which includes small prawns,fish fillets and squids.You will love to treat yourself with this aromatic soup during the cold lazy winter at noon sitting on your couch near the window contemplating a sunny weather or enjoying the snowfall may be.This can be a one pot meal and will make you feel happy and warm.
- Seafood mix(your choice) 1 cup
- White beans( 1 cup)
- Spring onions or stalks of onion flowers(chopped a handful)
- Green chilly(1 chopped)
- Black pepper(1 tbsp)
- Garlic (large cloves 2) crushed
- Tomato (1)
- Onions (1 cup chopped fine)
- Oregano(1 tsp)
- Cilantro(for garnish)
- Oil(1 tbsp)
- Soy sauce(1 tsp)
- Boil the beans with two cups of water and salt until tender in a pressure cooker.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in the pan and add onions and fry till brown.
- Blend tomato and garlic in a blender to form a puree.
- Add the tomato puree in the pan.
- Cook till the rawness disappears.
- Add the seafood and fry till the water evaporates.
- Add a chopped green chilly,soy sauce and oregano
- Then finally add the boiled beans with the stock as per your requirement .
- Simmer covered for 10 minutes in low heat.
- Add the juice of one lemon and sprinkle black pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and enjoy hot steamy or just warm.