16 January, 2016
Potato latkes sandwich
Posted in : Breakfast on by : indrani Tags: latkes, Potato, sandwich, sandwiches
Potato latkes are potato pancakes combined with salt ,onions and eggs.They are good as starter but do you know they are excellent when used between bread slices to form sandwiches.You can top the latkes with veg and cheese or mayo to form an innovative sandwich recipe which your family will like.the bread can be grilled or can form a cold sandwich as well.
- two potatoes grated(2 cups)
- Onions(chopped 1/2 cup)
- Spring onions(2 tbsp finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Green chilies(1 finely chopped)
- Chilly flakes (1 tsp optional)
- Cabbage finely grated(1/2 cup)
- grated cheese(1/4th cup)[optional]
- Red chilly sauce(2 tbsp)
- Grate the potatoes and dip in ice cold water for 5 mins.
- Drain the water and wipe the potatoes with a dry cloth.
- Beat an egg with salt and onions and spring onions.
- Add the grated potatoes to the egg and fold.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil on a non stick pan and spread.
- Take this egg mixture and spread in the form of a smooth pancake.Fry till potato is cooked and crispy on both sides
- Smear the cabbage with red chilly sauce .
- On the bottom slice keep the potato latke and spread the cabbage mixture on top.
- Spread grated cheese if you love.
- Keep the top slice and grill in a sandwich griller till the top slice is browned on top.
- Serve with ketchup