28 June, 2014
Posted in : Bong Connection, Recipe on by : indrani Tags: BONG CONNECTION, FISH, FISH RECIPE
It is always not feasible to get fish fillets from the market. Bengalis often eat river fishes to a large extent which consist of small bones .This recipe can be made with any kinds of fishes ,sea or river fishes.If you are bored having the same type of fish gravy and want some variation,this recipe is just for you.It does not involve deep fry or too much oil and takes care of your calories and health.
These are pan toasted cutlets made of fish and potato mash with spices.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 4 persons
- 4 to 5 pieces of fish
- 2 onions 2 chopped finely
- 2 potatoes boiled
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp besan
- garam masala roughly crushed ilaichi,black pepper,cinamon,laung
- 2 to 3 ilaichi
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lemon juice
- salt as per taste
- sugar 1/2 tsp (optional)
- 4 tbsp oil
Boiling the fish
- Take 3 cups of water in a skillet and add bay leaves(tej patta),
- cardamom( 2 to 3 chhoti ilaichi),lime juice, salt and fish pieces
- bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes till the fish gets cooked and becomes tender.
- Strain the water and remove the bones slowly.
- mash the boiled fish with hand
- heat oil in a kadai
- add garam masala,
- add chopped onions and fry till golden
- add chopped green chillies.
- add ginger garlic paste
- add jeera powder.
- add the fish.
- mix thoroughly
- add salt and sugar(optional)
- saute and cook with constant stirring unless the mixture leaves the kadai.
- add chopped coriander leaves
- add besan and fry again on low flame.(you can add little oil if you feel the mixture is becoming too dry).
- take out from the kadai and cool.
- wet your hand in water and make small tikkIs with the mixture.
- if the mixture is little wet then roll it over some corn flour or maida.
- add some butter or oil in tawa.
- cook the tikkas until brown on both the sides.
- serve with salad.