13 April, 2017
Prawn tempura recipe in chilly garlic sauce
This is an easy and attractive recipe to amaze your guests on the dining table and it does not consume much of your time and efforts.The tempura flour is prepared at home and the jumbo prawns are fried and then sauted in a hot and spicy chilly and garlic sauce.It can be served with fried rice or hakka noodles or even with butter naans.
Jumbo prawns (8 to 10)
corn flour (1/4 th cup)
rice flour(1/4 th cup)
refined flour(1/2 cup)
salt to taste
for the sauce
6 to 7 garlic cloves
4 to 6 red chillies
Tomato ketchup 1 tbsp
Dark Soy sauce 1 tsp
Green chilly 2 finely chopped
- Mix all the flour with salt and egg to form a batter.Add 2 tbsp of ice cold water if the batter is too thick.It should be of pouring consistency.
- Coat the prawns in the batter and deep fry till golden brown.
- For the sauce grind garlic and de-seeded red chilies to form a smooth paste.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in the pan.
- Fry this paste .
- Add tomato ketchup and soy sauce.
- Saute the prawns in this sauce.
- Add finely chopped green chillies.
- Check salt.
- If you want a gray add 1/2 cup of water with 1 tbsp of cornflour dissolved in this mixture.
- Cook covered for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles main