Machher matha diye badhakopi(Cabbage with fish head)
- 1 Fish heads 1 cut into two pieces from middle lengthwise
- 1 Cabbage 1
- 1 tbsp All spice powder Cardamom,Bay leaves,Cloves,Cinnamon,Black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 inch Ginger 1 and 1/2 inch ground
- 2 to 3 Green Chilly 2 to 3 split
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar as per taste
- 1 Potatoes cut into small pieces
Shred the cabbage finely
Marinate the fish heads with turmeric powder and salt.
Shallow fry the fish heads and potatoes in oil till brown in color.
Add 2 tbsp of oil in the wok
Add onions and fry till golden in color.
Add cumin and red chilly powder.
Add the Fish heads and fry a little .
Then add the cabbage ,cover and cook for 20 minutes till the cabbage is cooked and start leaving the sides of the pan.Stir and mash the fish heads with the vegetable with a spatula.
Add the chilies and all spice powder.
Check the salt content.Add little sugar around 1/2 tsp if you like.
Serve hot with rice and dal(cooked lentils).