Pie is a baked dish made of crispy pastry casing filled with sweet or savory fillings.I had made one chocolate pie before and this is my second try to attempt this fabulous traditional European dish from scratch at home.The crust is crispy and flaky and the filling is soft ,creamy and cheesy oozing flavors from the fresh celery and black pepper.The minced chicken and spinach filling makes it nutritious.
Makes 10 to 12 mini pies crispy outside and soft meaty and cheesy inside
1.2 and 1/2 cups of refined flour
2.Salt as per taste
3.Butter (100 gm) frozen
- Minced chicken (200 gms)
- Onions (1 cup)
- Ginger garlic paste(1 tbsp)
- Crushed and minced garlic(1 tbsp)
- Celery chopped a handful
- Spinach chopped(1 cup)
- Green chilies(2 to 4 chopped)
- Parmesan cheese(1 cup grated)
- Black pepper(1 tsp)
- Fresh cream(1 cup)
- Corn flour(2 tbsp)
- Butter (1 tbsp)
Making the filling
- Heat a tbsp of butter in the pan.
- Fry onions.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry.
- Stir in some celery and spinach leaves.
- When they lose the rawness add chicken and salt.
- Cook until the mixture loses all water.
- Add cream and corn flour and stir slowly to form a nice sauce.
- Top with green chilies and black pepper.
- Set aside for cooling.
Making the crust
- Make the pie dough as mentioned in the above recipe.
- Roll the dough into a thin circular disk and cut medium sized rounds from it.
- Grease the muffin cups and line the inner side of the cups with the circular discs .
- Fill them with dried beans to prevent puffing up.
- Bake them in oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Assembling the pie
- Take out the cups.
- Fill them with two spoons of filling.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Cut out ribbons from the remaining dough.
- Cover the top of the pie.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the top become golden brown ,take out ,let it cool on a rack and serve.