31 July, 2016
At home I hardly get time to watch TV shows like daily soaps etc because most of my daily life is spent juggling with traffic ,office work and home chores.The best time to relax is when my daughter returns home from the school and starts watching TV. Sometimes, I wait for the shrill voice of a naughty ,good at heart but coward Japanese boy “Nobita” and his Robot from the future “Doraemon”. Doraemon is a 2D Japanese animation series developed by the Manga writing team Fujiko Fujio .Manga is a type of Comic series written in Japanese language. Doraemon has won several awards ,one of them was the best Kids’ Show award at the Nickelodeon Kids choice award in India and became a Japanese cultural icon. Though it is only for the kids but most of the time I enjoy the value lessons which Doraemon teaches to Nobita .
The kid’s shows influences the children in several ways and one of them is food. Nobita does not like capsicum is food so most of the kids who watch the show also dislike capsicum.Similarly the favorite food of Doraemon is “Dora cake” and the kids are completely crazy over them.One of these days ,my daughter was suffering from viral fever and took a promise from me that once she recovers completely ,I should prepare these Dora cakes for her.At this point of time ,I started researching for the recipe of Japanese Dora cakes which are actually known as “Doriyaki”. It is traditionally made with bean paste but I used a chocolate filling.
- Flour (Whole wheat /refined) 1 cup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Soya sauce (2 tbsp)
- Water or milk (little only if required)
- Baking soda(1/2 tsp)
- Oil (1/2cup)
- chocolate melted( 1 cup)
- Cream (1/2 cup)
- Beat the ingredients of the pancakes together water to form a thick fluffy batter.
- Keep the batter aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If the batter is too thick add little water or milk.
- The batter should be pouring but thick.
- Grease a frying pan.
- Add little batter to form small circular pancakes.the pancake will have bubbles on its surface and will almost double in thickness.At this stage ,flip and cook both the sides.
- Keep aside the pancakes.
- Now for the filling heat the cream and add melted chocolate.
- Stir to form a smooth sauce.
- Spread on one pancake and sandwich with another.
Your kids favorite Japanese Dora cakes are ready to serve.Serve them with any hot beverage.