10 January, 2017
Multi layered Paratha
This is a flaky flat-bread which is prepared by folding the dough tactfully.I learnt it from my mom .She prepared and very enthusiastically narrated me the recipe over phone which she had got from a cookbook.For each flat-bread 4 small balls of dough are required.Each of them rolled into flat oblong strips and then folded and layered over one another.The paratha after shallow frying is crispy on the outside but soft and flaky inside.This flat-bread can be served with any meat or vegetable curry or simply Indian pickles and onions as accompaniments.
- Refined flour (2 cups)
- Oil (1/4th cup)
- Salt (1 and half tsp)
- Warm water as per requirement
- Mix the ingredients and form a soft but firm dough.
- make small olive sized balls out of it.
- Take 4 balls aside.
- Roll each ball into a flat ribbon kind of structure.Flatten as much thin as possible.
- Now place one such flat layer ,brush with oil and place another layer over it,in cross fashion.
- Fold the ends of the layers one over the other forming an envelope.
- Similarly repeat the process with two more balls and place the envelope on the previously made envelope.
- Don’t forget to brush oil and dust flour while folding.
- Now roll this entire thing into square bread .
- heat the pan or griddle.
- Place the paratha on the pan and cook for few minutes ,cooking on both the sides till they look white.
- Add two tbsp of oil now and fry flipping till they develop brown dots on both the sides.Cook on medium flame taking care not to burn them.
- Serve hot with your favorite vegetable or meat dish.