This is a cake which can be popular to the kids as it turned out to be decadent, attractive soft and moist.The cake is topped with a sweet homemade plum jam.if you are dieting you can avoid the plum jam..
for 1/2 kg cake
- 5 tbsp of whole wheat flour
- Butter 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sugar 5 to 8 tbsp
- vanilla(1/2 tsp)
- Plum (3 to 4) chopped
- for topping 1 plum
- lemon juice 1/2 tsp
- All spice powder(cinnamon ,cardamom and cloves)ratio(2:2:1)
- Strain flour and baking powder.
- Separate the egg whites
- Beat the egg whites till soft peaks don’t form.
- Add sugar and beat.
- Add vanilla and butter to the egg..yolk
- Add this mixture to the egg white and beat.Don’t over beat.
- Now with a spatula fold the flour mixture to the egg.
- Add chopped plum and spices and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Pour this batter to the greased mold and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Mean while you can make the topping.
- in the pan add 3 to 4 tbsp of sugar and caramelize.
- Add the chopped plum and stir till it completely becomes tender.
- Add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and mix.
- Take out the cake and spread the plum jam while the cake is hot.
The tools from my website can assist in preparing these recipes. These look delicious.
When is the caramelised sugar to be added
After the cake is prepared and taken out of the oven ,you can heat sugar in a separate pan to carmelise and add plum pieces to form a plum jam.Top your prepared cake with this jam.Thanks for visiting