This recipe is inspired by a dish I had in Waldrof ,a restaurant in Calcutta.It is known for it traditional and fusion Chinese cuisine.My mother in law was all in praises for this place so I decided to give it a go for celebrating my daughter’s birthday with my mom and my friend when I was in Calcutta in December.It was a chilly night and the city was preparing for the New year’s eve,with beautiful lighting decorations all around.My daughter’s birthday is on 29th December ,so it is a time to take down Christmas decorations but we were still in a mood of celebration and planning for the upcoming New year’s eve.
pan fried lemon pepper fish
- 1. Fish fillets cut into pieces (400 gm)
- 2. Lemon (1 big) and lemon zest(2 to 3 tbsp)
- 3. Lemon juice (3 to 4 tbsp)
- 4. Soya sauce (3 tbsp)
- 5. Tomato ketchup (2 tbsp)
- 6. Red chilly sauce (2 tbsp)
- 7. Kashmir Chilly powder (1 tbsp)
- 8. Ginger garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- 9. black pepper whole crushed (2 tbsp)
- 10. Green chillies (2 to 4) finely chopped
- 11. Corn Flour (3 to 4 tbsp)
- 12. white sesame seeds (1 tbsp)
- 13. Basil leaves (2 to 3)
- 14. Oil (1/3rd cup)
- 15. Salt as per taste
1.Marinate the fishes with all the ingredients from 2 to 11 for 15 to 20 minutes
2.Add the oil in the pan.
3.Add few pieces in batches and fry them in medium flame till they get tender.
5.Take out the fried fishes from the pan .
6.Add the remaining marinade into the pan.
7.Add basil leaves.
8.cook it till the sauce gets thick.Take the pan off from the fire.
9.Add the fried fishes and mix with the sauce.
10.Dry roast the sesame seeds and sprinkle on the dish.
11.Serve it hot.