I had bought some brown rice a couple of months back ,thinking about good health ,more fibre and less calories.But my family discarded its taste.It takes long time to cook and doesn’t taste as good as normal polished rice which we generally use daily.So I thought to make some innovative recipe which appeals to them.
Risotto is an Italian rice dish cooked in a veg or meat broth to a creamy consistency. It is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy.Risotto is generally cooked with a round medium- or short- grain white rice which have the ability to absorb liquids so that they are stickier than the long grain varieties. The principal varieties used in Italy are Arborio, Baldo etc.
But in this recipe I am going to use any Brown Rice variety available in the market
1.Brown Rice (1 and 1/2 cup)
2.Chicken boneless( 1 cup shredded)
3.Basil( 7 to 8 leaves chopped)
4. Parsley (1/2 cup)
6.Chicken sausages( cut into pieces)
7.green chilies(2 to 4 chopped)
8.Chili flakes(1 tbsp)
9.Peas (1 cup)
10. Cheese(1 cup)
11.Onions chopped(1 cup)
12. Garlic 1( 10 to 15 big cloves) crushed)
13. Salt (As per taste)
14. Fresh cream or milk 1/2 cup
1. In a pressure cooker cook the chicken with 4 cups of water for 10 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked.
2. wash and Soak the rice in water for half an hour.
3. Pour out the chicken with stock in a bowl.
4. In the cooker on low heat ,add some butter.
5. Once the butter starts sizzling add onions and garlic.
6. Add the rice and saute for 5 minutes.
7. Add the chicken stock including all the ingredients to the rice( except cream and cheese).
8. Pressure cook in low heat for 15 minutes till 1 whistle till the rice is cooked.
9. open the cover and cook till the liquid is absorbed.Take care not to overcook the rice.
10. Add butter.
11. Add cream and grated cheese.
12. Decorate with fresh parsley or coriander leaves (dhania) and serve with potato wedges.