12 March, 2017
Smoked chicken salad
Generally on a typical busy week day my husband reaches home late at night from the office but rarely he eats outside.He is a perfect foodie and lover of home cooked food.and further more he is a lover of traditional typical Indian food like “roti sabji”, “traditional Bengali chicken curry and rice” or “fish and rice ” from a authentic Bong kitchen.While I love to cook all these dishes but the creative bug in me wants to cook something new ,out of the box .I get my inspirations from the food I see or eat in restaurants or by the street.This recipe is inspired from the chicken salad we had in the “Subway”.It is juicy and has smoky flavor from the roasted chicken with the goodness of the raw veggies and richness of mayo and boiled chickpeas.
- Chicken with bones(legs and breasts preferably) 200 gm
- Kashmiri chilly powder(1 tbsp)
- Salt to taste
- Butter(1 tbsp)
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- iceberg lettuce (1 cup chopped)
- Cucumber(sliced into rings with skin)
- Onions(1/2 cup chopped)
- capsicum (1/2 cup chopped)
- Green chillies( 2 to 3 finely chopped)
- Mayo ( 2 to 3 tbsp)
- Mirin(1 tsp) or you can substitute with ready made teriyaki sauce
- Celery finely chopped(1 tbsp)
- Rub the chicken with the marinate ingredients for 1/2 an hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven for half an hour at 180 degree Celsius till it does not reduce its liquid.
- Remove the meat from its bones with a knife.
- Smoke it with burning charcoal or on a strainer directly over the flame.
- Mix the veggies with the sauces and any marinate juice remaining from the chicken bake.
- add the roasted chicken .
- Mix and cool in in refrigerator for an hour or two before serving.