Malpua is a popular Indian sweet dish prepared during festivals.There are a large number of varieties made in different parts of the country by people of different cultural origin.It is generally served with rabdi another sweet dish made with thickened milk or dipped in sugar syrup.It is one of my favorite sweet dish which I make during every festival.This preparation is little rare variety which is made with semolina.Unlike the other types of malpuas which are flat ,this one is fluffy and soft.The Malpua with suji and maida preparation is made in some parts of interior Bengal.During this Holi I made this recipe and shared with my family members ,neighbours and friends.
Malpua recipe with suji and maida
- Sooji Rawa ,also called fine semolina (1 cup)
- Maida(2 Cups)
- Sugar ( 2 tbsps)
- Fennel seeds (1 tbsp)
- Dessicated coconut
- Baking soda (1/2 tsp)
- Milk (2 cups)
- Oil(for deep fry)
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cup of Sugar
- Desiccated Coconut
- Red cherries
|Semolina soaked in milk|
|Fennel seeds with maida|
- Soak Sooji in 1 cup of milk for 20 mins
- Add Maida,Sugar ,Baking soda,Coconut,fennel seeds and milk with sooji and beat it with hand or beater till it makes an even fluffy mixture.
- The batter should be pouring but thick.
- Heat 2 cups of oil in Kadai.
- Add the mixture with a spoon in hot oil and take out soft fluffy malpuas.
- Mean while make a sugar syrup around one string thick(When you touch it with your fingers it should produce a single thread of sugar)
- pour the sugar syrup on the hot malpuas or dip the malpuas in sugar syrup.
- Take it out after 5 mins.
- Decorate it with red cherries and desiccated coconut and serve.
Note :While frying you can fry it till it gets golden brown or reddish brown as per your choice.