25 December, 2016
Egg potato basil sandwich
This is a simple breakfast sandwich made of fresh ingredients which can make your day healthy and full of energy.I loved the freshness of the greens and wholesomeness of multi grain bread along with the goodness of protein packed boiled eggs.
- Multi-grain bread (6)
- 3 Eggs (hard boiled ,shelled and chopped)
- Basil leaves(chopped handful)
- Green chilies(2 to 3 finely chopped)
- Potato (3 boiled and chopped)
- Onions (1 finely chopped)
- Teriyaki sauce (1 tbsp) or soy sauce if not available
- Lemon juice(1 tbsp)
- Black pepper roughly ground( 1 tbsp)
- Lettuce leaves( 2 to 3)
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- Boil the eggs and potatoes.
- In a tbsp of butter ,saute the onions till transparent.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Add the potatoes and eggs.
- Add green chilies and teriyaki sauce followed by basil leaves
- Add lemon juice.
- Place a piece of bread on the plate with the edges removed.
- Place a lettuce leave on it.
- Place the filling and cover it with another lettuce leaf.
- Cover it with another bread and press.
- Serve immediately with ketchup .