The Christmas festival is incomplete without a rich spicy cake.Traditionally the cake is made with dry fruits and then soaked in alcohol like whisky or brandy.In India most commonly rum is used.This is a different cake where I have used chocolate.One can prepare and serve this cake during any festivals or get together to make friends and family members happy.
- Refined flour (1 cup)
- Cocoa powder(1 cup)
- Baking powder( 1 tbsp)
- Baking soda (1/2 tbsp)
- Butter (1 cup)
- Ghee(1 cup)
- Powdered Sugar (2 cups)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Orange pulp seeds removed crushed (1 cup)
- eggs (2)
- Vanilla (1 tsp)
- Walnuts( 1 cup chopped)
- Black raisins (1 cup chopped)
- Rum (2 to 3 tbsp)
- Chocolate (20 gms)
- Cream (1 cup)
Spices(ground and strained)
- Cinnamon (2 sticks)
- Cloves(4 to 5)
- green cardamom( 4 to 5)
- Nutmeg (1/2 tsp)
- Grease a 1 kg cake tin
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
- soak the dry fruits in rum for 4 to 5 hours till they absorb the entire alcohol.
- Strain the flour and cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add the ground spices to the flour.
- Cream the butter and ghee with an egg beater.
- Add sugar and beat.
- Add the orange pulp and mix
- Add baking soda
- Break two eggs and add in the mixture and beat.
- Add vanilla.
- Add milk and beat till the mixture is loose and fluffy
- Fold the flour mixture and mix gently with spatula till the mixture is uniform.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- When cool take it out from the tin.
- Soak with a mixture of sugar syrup and rum(optional).
- Make a glaze with molten chocolate and heated cream.
- Apply on top of the cake and decorate with sprinklers.