9 December, 2015
Chicken and vegetable lentil soup
Posted in : Chicken on by : indrani Tags: CHICKEN RECIPE, nonveg, soup
This is my childhood favorite soup which we prepare during every winter season.Packed with vitamins,minerals and good nutrients it will help to build immunity for kids and keep us healthy and active.One can make it vegetarian also without adding chicken ..it is equally tasty.
- Beetroot chopped into cubes(1/2 cup)
- Carrots cubed (1/2 cup)
- Beans chopped(1 cup)
- Chicken (1/2 cup shredded finely)
- Onions one cup sliced
- Garlic (9 to 10 cloves) chopped roughly
- Green chilies(2 chopped)
- Red lentils(masoor dal) (1/2 cup)
- Water 3 to 4 cups
- Black pepper( crushed 1 tbsp)
- Cinnamon (1 inch stick)
- Bay leaves (2)
- Cloves(1/2 tsp)
- green cardamom (2 to 3)
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Pressure cook all the ingredients together with adequate salt.
- Add butter in the pan and some crushed garlic and onions and add the soup.
- Cook for sometimes covered till it does not reach required consistency.
- Garnish with black pepper and tomatoes and serve hot with bread.