9 August, 2016
Kerala style prawn stirfry
This is a very quick recipe to adopt in a hurry .The dish does not need much preparation and is yet delicious.The dish is from the coasts of Kerala ,which is known for its natural beauty and the coastline bordered with coconut trees is heaven for seafood lovers.The Malayali people ,the residents of Kerala cook most of the dishes in coconut oil which will emanate a beautiful strong aroma.but if you are not habituated with coconut oil,you can cook in any vegetable oil.
- Prawns – 10 to 12
- Chopped onions,preferably small baby onions (1/2 cup)
- Tomato puree (1/2 cup)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1tsp
- Dessicated coconut 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds(1/2 tsp)
- Red chilies(2 to 4)
- Curry leaves – chopped
- Oil – for frying
- Marinate the prawns with all the spices ,like chilly powder,desiccated coconut,pepper,turmeric,ginger garlic paste and salt for around an hour.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in the pan.
- Add mustard seeds ,when it splutters add red chilies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions or shallots.
- Add the tomato puree and let it simmer.
- Put the prawns and fry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take care not to over cook.add salt to taste
- Serve with the main course