This creamy soup is perfect as an appetizer on a chilly winter night .Green peas are high in protein and keep your body warm during the cold season.They also work as antioxidants in detoxifying your body.I prefer to make this soup with fresh green peas and not the canned or frozen ones.
- 2 cups green peas
- 1/2 cup cream
- Garlic (3 to 4 cloves)
- black pepper( 1 tbsp crushed)
- Lemon juice (1 tsp)
- green chilies(1 finely chopped)
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Vegetable oil (1 tsp)
- Boil the green peas with garlic and salt till soft.
- Blend in a grinder till smooth.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil and add the peas puree.
- Add the cream ,cook in a low flame.
- Add 1/2 cup of water if the soup becomes thick.
- Add chopped green chilies and check salt.
- Take it off from heat and drizzle lemon juice.
- top with a tbsp of butter and crushed black pepper and serve hot.
Note: The peas should be properly boiled.Otherwise the puree is not smooth ,it is chunky.In that case pass through a sieve to remove the chunks.