I was trying to decide whether to create a new recipe with this or go for a traditional dish.Finally it had found its appropriate place in the dinner as a delicious sauce of lasagna .This is a fusion recipe,the sauce being sweet ,sour and spicy made in Indian curry style.
The outcome was so yum that I did not miss the presence of meat and I made it healthy too by using considerably less amount of cheese and I seriously think,it wont taste bad either if you decide to go dairy free altogether.
- Lasagna sheets (5 to 6)
- Broccoli florets(1 cup)
- Mushrooms(quartered 2 cups)
- Red bell peppers( cubed 1 cup)
- Yellow bell peppers(1 cup cubed)
- Green capsicum(1/2 cup cubed)
- Tomatoes Big(3)
- Onions finely chopped(1 cup)
- Garlic (10 to 12 small cloves)
- Sweet Pineapple(1 cup cubed)
- Sugar (1 tsp optional required if pineapple is not sweet)
- Olive oil (3 to 4 tbsp)
- Cheese(Parmesan and mozzarella grated mixed) 1 cup
- Basil leaves (5 to 6 leaves) torn by hand
- oregano dried( 1 tbsp)
- All spice powder(1 tsp)
- Green chilies(2 finely chopped)
- Red chilly powder(1 tbsp)
- Crushed black pepper(1 tbsp)
- Boil all the vegetables with a little salt and strain the stock.
- Boil the tomatoes,peel and seeded.
- Blend the tomatoes and the garlic smoothly in a blender.
- In a pan add 2 to 3 tbsp of oil and heat .Then add the chopped onions.
- When the onions are golden add the tomato puree you made.
- Add the spices now .Red chilly powder,oregano,all spice powder and green chilies and saute.
- Wait till the water evaporates and the color of the spices change.
- Add the pineapple and fry till the pineapple is tender and almost mixes with the grave.A little crunch should remain.
- Add the vegges and saute.Add salt if required.
- Add the vegetable stock add cook till the sauce thickens.simmer on the stove over low flame for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Just before taking off from the fire ,add black pepper.
- Boil lasagna and strain when done.
- Add the lasagna sheet and layer with the sauce ,topped with little cheese.
- Finish with a top layer of cheese and basil leaves.
- Drizzle some olive oil.
- Bake in convection mode in microwave or oven for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.