This was an egg-less cake which I had made for my colleague sometimes back.It contains the flavor of fruits and richness of chocolate ,decorated with butter-cream icing…This was a 2 Kg cake soaked with mixed fruit juice covered with chocolate layered with fruits and chocolate intermittently.
Following are the ingredients for 1 Kg chocolate cake
for 1 kg sponge cake , instead of (200 gm flour and 30 gm cocoa powder) use 230 gm flour
1 kg chocolate cake
1.Refined flour 200 gm
2.cocoa powder 30 gm
3.30 gm powdered sugar
4.Baking powder 1 tbsp
5.Baking soda 1/2 tsp
1.condensed milk (1 tin)
2.vanilla essence (1 tsp)
3.heaped emgel( 1/2 tbsp)
4.oil or glycerine (2 tbsp)
5.Milk 100 ml
6.Butter 100 gm
- Preheat the oven at 240 degrees
- Sieve the flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and baking soda.
- Grease the baking tin well wit butter.
- Sprinkle flour onto it and tap.
- In a big bowl soften the butter with an electric beater.
- Add the powdered sugar and blend it well
- Add gel and condensed milk and beat continuously for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add milk and beat at speed 1.
- Add glycerin and vanilla essence
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 mins.
- Mix the dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes at speed 1
- Make 2 cakes one sponge cake and another chocolate cake
- Soak the chocolate cake and sponge cakes with mixed fruit juice.[you can boil the cut fruits with 2 cups water in a cooker and strain the juice and add little sugar instead of ready made mixed fruit juice]
- Before adding the juice check sugar content if it is less add some more sugar.
- Cut fresh fruits like kiwi ,grapes,apple,strawberry etc
- Make a chocolate truffle sauce by adding whipped cream to molten chocolate.
- layer the cakes with the help of whipped cream,chocolate sauce and fruits
- completely cover the cake with chocolate
- Decorate with butter cream icing