16 June, 2016
Mooli paratha(Raddish stuffed flatbreads)
These are extremely tasty whole wheat breads which can be readily served with some raita or homemade curd and can make a healthy meal. Radish is a vegetable which contains substantial amount of fibers or roughage and has digestive properties as well.Apart from being a powerful detoxificant which helps to improve the functioning of liver it is also anti-carcinogenic. Compared to the other vegetables it is difficult to stuff because of it high content of water.So I directly mix it with the flour.
Ingredients(10 to 12 flatbreads)
- Radish (at least 2 grated)
- Carrot (optional) 1/2 grated(it adds littile sweet taste along with the strong flavor of radish)
- Leaves of the radish 4 to 5 finely chopped
- Ajwain (1 tbsp)
- Green chillies(2 finely chopped)
- Cumin powder (1 tsp)
- Red chilly powder(1/2 tsp)
- Whole wheat flour (2 cups)
- Oil (3 to 4 tbsp) for the dough
- Oil or butter for frying (1/2 cup)
- Mix every thing together except the oil for frying and knead to form an almost firm dough.Do not add any water.
- Make small balls.
- Flatten them to form disks with the help of some loose flour(not too thin)
- Cook on the dry tawa or griddle by flipping till looks cooked on both sides.
- Add oil 1 tbsp from the sides till it is fried on one side.Flip and fry the other side.
- Serve hot with a tsp of butter on top of the flatbread with a bowl of curd.