Boiled potatoes 2 cups(4 to 5 potatoes) with 5 to 6 garlic flakes
Whole wheat flour or Refined flour(Maida) 2 Cups
Salt(as per taste)
10 flakes Garlic finely chopped
1 cup of Tomato puree
Kashmiri chili powder (1 tbsp)
Basil leaves(4 to 5)
parsley (1 bunch)
grated cheddar and mozarella (1 cup)
1 cup fresh cream or milk
- Make the Gnocchi:
- Peel the potatoes and boil with salt and garlic as long as they don’t become soft.
- Drain and pass through a strainer to ensure no lumps form.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and mix while slowly adding the egg to make a thick dough . Set aside for 5 minutes to let the mixture cool slightly.
- using well floured hands divide and roll the mixture into long rolls.
- Boil the rolls in water.
- once they are thoroughly boiled take it out and divide it into equal portions.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Making the red sauce
- add some 2 tbsps of olive oil and some butter in the pan
- add chopped garlic
- add chopped basil
- add tomato puree
- cook for 2 minutes
- add kashmiri chili powder and dried oregano
- add salt to taste
- add fresh cream
- then add cheese
- Let the cheese completely melt
- Add the gnocchi to the cheesy mixture
- mix for 2 minutes
- decorate with parsley and serve